Put yourself first.
It sounds so selfish…
However, putting yourself first is actually the best way for you to help others. None of us is able to give others what they themselves do not possess. To acquire peace of mind, inner strength, quality energy, and to restore that feeling that everything is OK, we all need to put ourselves first sometimes – especially on days off – to enable us to then give to others, to the loved ones we care about so much.
Don’t call what gives you energy for others selfishness
In my articles I write about inner balance, peace, and health, and how the environment we live in directly affects us and how we affect those around us. So, I have 22 suggestions that some might describe as “selfish”.
Make sure to remember this day, because it is the beginning. Today is always the start of our future. I hope you fix these 22 changes in your mind. Most of all, think about them. They’ll change your life.
Most likely they’ll change the people around you, too. They’ll be happy to see you with more energy, happier, and more fulfilled. It is no longer unimportant what you do in life. First of all you have to start devoting yourself – to you; to the most important person, indeed the only person who’ll most certainly be with you until your last breath.
What you should try to change
- Start spending time with the right people.These are the ones you feel good with, who love and appreciate you; those who support you on your journey. These are the people who accept, unconditionally, not only who you are, but also who you want to be.
- Start facing your problems with your head held high.It is not your problems that define you, but rather how you respond to them and how you get over them – that’s YOU! Problems don’t disappear if you avoid them. So, do what you can. Even if they’re small steps, if taken in the right direction, you’ll get there.
- Start being honest with yourself.Admit to yourself not only what is good in your life, but also what needs to be changed. Tell yourself honestly what you want to achieve in life and who you plan to be. Always be honest with yourself in every aspect of your life because you are the only person you can always count on. If you’re honest with yourself, you’ll better understand where you are, why you’re there, how you got there, and you will also better realise where you want to go and how to achieve it.
- Start making your happiness a priority.Believe me when I say that what you need is important. Also believe me when I tell you that it IS possible to satisfy your own needs while also catering to the needs of others. Whenever you satisfy your own needs, you gain enough energy to help those who need you most for a change.
- Start being yourself, truly and proudly.Trying to be someone else is a waste of your potential. Accept both sides of your personality, and be aware of your strengths and unique beauty, which are like no other in the world. Work on your personality, so you can be the best version of yourself.
Please, continue to the 2nd page.