- Ad -
- Start noticing and enjoying the present.You might not realise it, but there’s a miracle happening right now. Right now is the only moment you have guaranteed. Right now is what is called life. Stop constantly dreaming of the great things you will do in the future. Stop clinging to what you did or didn’t do in the past. Learn to be in the here and now and enjoy life as it happens. Right now is a miracle, which will soon be just a memory.
- Start appreciating the lessons hidden in your mistakes.It’s fine to make mistakes. If you don’t fail from time to time, you won’t try out new things properly and won’t learn anything new. Take risks, stumble, fall, get up again and give it another try. Appreciate the fact that you’re pushing yourself forwards, learning, growing, getting better. You always see the greatest progress at the end of a long series of experiences. You’ll see that one of the mistakes you were so worried about and gave yourself a hard time over has actually brought success to your life.
- Start being more courteous to yourself.I ask this question: Be honest – if a friend spoke to you in the same way you sometimes speak to yourself, how long would you stay friends with that person? The way you treat yourself sets the standard for others. Start to like who you are, otherwise you might have no one who likes you.
- Start enjoying the things you already have.Many of us have a problem in that we think we’ll be happy when we’re as successful as those around us – our boss (and his thriving firm), a friend (and his new house), or a neighbour (and his happy family). Unfortunately, it takes some time to succeed at something, and once you get there, you’ll have another goal in mind – an even higher one. You could spend your entire life pursuing goals that lose their appeal whenever you approach them. So stop doing it. Take a moment to appreciate who you are and what you already have.
- Start creating your own immediate happiness.If you wait for someone else to make you happy, you’ll be waiting for ever. True happiness can only come from you. Smile, you can now. You have to be the change you’re always seeking around you. Start to be happy with who you are, and be a source of positive inspiration for yourself every day. Whenever you start seeking happiness in what is happening at the moment, it’s highly likely you’ll find it. Likewise, if you’re looking for something else in what is happening with you at the moment, unhappiness perhaps, you’ll very likely find that, too.
- Start believing that you’re ready for the next step.What if it’s already the right time for what you want but keep putting off? What if it’s NOW? Think about it. You’ll find that, no matter what your dream is, you have everything you need to start taking small, gradual steps forwards. So, seize the opportunities around you and accept the challenges, especially the difficult ones. These are gifts that will help you to grow. You can do it gradually, you’ll see!
- Start giving the new people you meet a chance.It sounds terrible, but you can’t keep up every friendship you make. People and priorities change. Some relationships wither, while others thrive. New people come into your life to enable you to replace the old ones you’re no longer in touch with, and the relationships that have not worked for a long time. Be prepared for the fact that you could meet someone who will change your life forever.
- Start competing with yesterday’s you.Take inspiration from others, admire others, learn from others, but remember that competing with others is a waste of time. Every person is different. Therefore, there is only one duel that matters and only one real opponent – you. Compete with yourself, and then you’ll be able to make the most of your potential and be the best version of yourself. Try to break your previous records. This will push your limits further.
Please, continue to the 3rd page.